“I Want To Be With My Friends In Hell”
Many people take the cute way out of considering the possibility of going to Hell. These “cute” folks say, “All my friends will be in Hell, so why would I want to go to Heaven?”
That joke might get laughs now, but no one will be laughing when they split Hell wide open and find out that the following Bible truths about Hell are REALITY:
1. Hell is actually TEMPORARY. You will be alone and in torment. (Luke 16:1-31)
2. When you die, you go to Hell to WAIT for the final Judgment. (Revelation 20:13)
3. This final judgment is called “The Great White Throne Judgment”. (Revelation 20:10-12)
4. At this judgment, all those awaiting final judgment are brought out of Hell and judged by Jesus. (Revelation 2:13-15)
5. In Matthew 8:12, 22:13 and 25:30, Jesus describes the eternal place of the damned as, “…outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
Our description could go on and on. The Bible has much more to say about the subject of the abode of those who go to Hell. But from this short examination, one thing is for sure. Hell will not be a place where friends hang out and enjoy sin and rebellion for eternity. To the contrary, you will never see your friends again. There will be no beer, no women/men, no music, no card games, no concerts, no tail-gate parties, etc.
Please stop making light of this serious subject. No one likes a joke better than I do, but there are some things that just aren’t funny. And your eternal destiny is much too important.
Jesus loves you. He is your best friend (Proverbs 18:24) and offers eternal LIFE. With Jesus you actually WILL be with friends. You will enjoy eternity in the company of God, friends and angels.
Jesus paid for all of your sin so that you need not spend eternity in Hell paying for your own sin. He loves you enough to have died for you.